Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Painted-on-bikini-gurrrlll

2011 is approaching rapidly so I'm cramming in all the cool shit I did in 2010 into blogs before the clock strikes midnight this Friday!
November brought along another *2010 first* for Mama Virgo and quite the unusual one: a painted-on-bikini contest! The Set NYC contacted me about this contest event they would be hosting at the Sea Lounge NYC and asked me to participate as one of the contestants in their painted-on-bikini contest. I've ALWAYS wanted to get painted so of course I said yes and was so excited to get painted! I'm very comfortable with my body and not afraid to be semi-nude in front of a crowd. We should all be proud of our bodies and not pass judgement on those who have the guts to flaunt what they have in social settings!

That being said, I invited Baby Virgo to come to the event and a few of my other good friends. We arrive at Sea Lounge in the Meat Packing District and Mama Virgo is amped to get painted! The Set NYC referred to the event as a "hot body-painting showcase and swimsuit contest." The artist painting the models for the night is Andy Golub who is known for his unique and intricate designs painted on bodies of all shapes and sizes. I contacted Andy a few weeks before the event to get a better idea of how the body painting process goes and what I should be prepared for. He suggested I wear a white thong and either choose to go topless or wear a bikini top. I chose to go topless and have him paint a bikini top on my chest because that's what I envisioned as the best way to enter this type of contest.

Apparently, only one other model chose to go topless as well. The rest of the models wore regular bikinis and he painted the designs that he's known for, around the bikinis they had. Those painted models came out awesome, but I had another idea in mind. I asked Andy to paint a red bikini with white polka dots on me! He painted the bottom half of the bikini over my thong (so many people have been asking questions about whether or not I was completely nude down there--now you know I wasn't!). Then he painted the top piece of the "bikini" on my bare chest. Yes, my bare chest, and Baby Virgo was watching along with other models as I got painted. I didn't feel embarrassed or ashamed one bit because this is what body painting is all about!
A professional photographer by the name of Sunny Norton was also there to photograph the event. He was a joy to have at Sea Lounge and is a fantastic photographer! Sunny captured some wonderful candid moments of the night and I really appreciate him for that.

After the paint dried it was time for the contest to start. I went out there as contestant #3 (3 is the magic # in case you didn't know or aren't a Blind Melon fan) and got a very positive response from the audience ;) I went back into the crowd to get some drinks with Baby Virgo and our friends Victor and Nick--Konstrictshun was there as well! We started dancing the night away as the contest went on. Time flew by and before we knew it they were announcing the winner of the contest. I honestly didn't enter this contest to win it, I entered it to get painted and enjoy the experience, so when they called my name as the winner I was completely unprepared and taken by surprise. Winning the contest was a kick ass bonus to the whole experience and something I'll always be proud of :)

Washing the body paint off was a task I imagined would of been difficult but it came off with no problem (just thought I'd throw that in there in case anyone was wondering or wanted to know before they get painted for the first time lol). I look forward to being a body paint model in the future and can't wait to get painted again!

No comments:

Post a Comment