Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mama Virg's 1st runway show



So I've been excited to blog about this for quite some time but haven't yet because other events/issues/topics have come up recently. This past September I was in a runway fashion show for my first time ever! I'm always searching Craigs List for modeling gigs in NYC and was fortunate enough to find The Set NYC's ad about needing people to work for upcoming events. I e-mailed them my portfolio pictures and the usual info about why they should have me at their events. They originally wanted me to host the runway show, but at the last minute asked me to be one of the models in the show! *BEYOND ELATED* Not only was this my first time walking on the runway but it would also be my first time modeling lingerie!
The event was called Risque Lingerie and Underwear Fashion Party and was put together by photographer/stylist Robert Tavliver of NYC. The show was also for Robert's birthday party!
The first person I told was the one and only Baby Virgo because I knew she'd be there to support me and have a blast throughout the show. Baby Virg also was a doll and took pictures of me on the runway. We had so much fun backstage getting ready for the show, mingling with the other models and designers and trying on the outfits. Baby Virg and I also greatly appreciated watching the gorgeous male models change into their sexy boxer-briefs.
I wasn't nervous before going on the runway. I was having the time of my life surrounded by beautiful and unique people from all walks of life. However, RIGHT before we were about to go on the runway, I was told that I would be the FIRST model to walk!!!! Forget being nervous I felt straight up honored and ready to strut my stuff (so not being egotistical I'm just being honest). Right behind me in line was a male model named Angel who's a really fun guy to talk to and seemed like the perfect male model to start the show with.


Being the first model to open the show was like the ultimate natural high. It just solidified what I've known in my heart for over a decade: I was created to model.
The fast-paced wardrobe changes behind the scenes was just what I had anticipated and heard about from experienced models. It was such a rush and I loved it. My second lingerie outfit was the most unique out of all the other outfits in the show; Baby Virgo and I nicknamed it the "Jeanie" because it looked like something from the classic show "I Dream of Jeanie."
Angel and I went out first in line, again, to close the lingerie show and it kicked ass! It was so awesome to just walk out there with all the models and hear the crowd cheering and seeing my proud Baby Virgo smiling at her Mama Virgo :) The after party was so much fun, great music, great people, excellent vibe. Another unexpected surprise was KR Productions showing up to interview models for their company! Little did I know that I would be 1 of 2 female models to be interviewed! (Quick info: I've never been interviewed or on camera for anything like this so all I could do was be myself once the camera was on me:) ). The interview went fantastic-I genuinely felt comfortable being interviewed on the spot because I generally perform better without knowing details beforehand. Konstrictshun Artist interviewed me, he's SO funny and made me laugh so much throughout the interview. He did an amazing job interviewing the other models as well and his production company put the fashion show interview video together perfectly. Vocab Magazine was also there to cover the event (I have a picture of myself & Baby Virgo holding up an issue of their magazine but until I figure out how to use this blog site better I can't post anymore photos in this entry without screwing up the layout).
When the night came to an end I felt so unbelievable grateful for the experience I just had and people I met. It was honestly one of the best experiences in my life thus far. Everyone from Robert to The Set NYC, KR Productions, Vocab Magazine and the models were so amazing and I hope I'll have the pleasure of working with them again in the future!
To see professional pictures from the event (and the Jeanie outfit!) check out the image gallery on The Set NYC's website. To watch the interview with KR Productions just click here :) Stay tuned for updates on this blog entry with more of my personal photos from the show!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! You totally have the body and the looks for modelling! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete