Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February Virgo of the Month: Wiz Khalifa

  Proud to announce that my choice for February Virgo of the Month is, what I consider, hip hop's newest pick of the litter rapper: Wiz Khalifa. Before I write anything about Wiz let me just inform all readers that I'm pretty much always the last to know about what's going on with the hip hop scene and today's music in general. I just don't follow it and I hate the radio, main stream music tv channels, and flat out don't pay attention to the "whose who" of todays musicians--UNLESS you are so fucking awesome that you fly over the radar of lame and do such a great job of not sucking that I, Mama Virgo, end up hearing about you and genuinely start to like you (aka YOU WIZ!). This doesn't mean that I think I'm like some higher person that once you have my approval you've hit a fan base so untouchable that you're now *officially cool,* I'm just sayin' for me to actually LIKE, NOTICE, and follow up on new artists is very rare. 
"Fly solo"
                                                                     "Black & Guido"
Back to Wiz. His birthday is September 8th 1987 (yay we're the same age!) and he is so *Mama Virgo Approved* its ridiculous. His clothing style is impeccable; if I were a dude I'd rock the same wardrobe. Just from Google-imaging him I already want to look up where he buys his clothes. He hit it big with his single "Black & Yellow," which I didn't even know was a song until Jersey Shore's Vinny Gaudagnino re-made it into a parody called "Black & Guido." Hearing Vinny's version was the first time I recognized it was from "Black & Yellow." So for me to find out about Wiz Khalifa only because I love Vinny and Jersey Shore THAT much was so cool. Vinny's version is hilarious and one of my all-time favorite songs now. I had only previously heard a small clip of "Black & Yellow" on a commercial for ringtones and didn't pay any mind to it. Once I YouTubed Wiz Khalifa and listened to his actual music I was blown away simply by the fact that, here's a *new* rapper, from MY generation, that doesn't suck!!!!! I fell in love with his song "Fly Solo" and have been listening to it almost on daily basis since first hearing it. Thanks to Twitter I found out that Wiz is indeed a Virgo. He was listed as one of the famous Virgo hip hop artists @TheDailyVirgo's Twitter page.

My younger sister is always the first person to tease me about how I'm completely out of the loop with todays music and hip hop artists. She seems to know about all these artists years or months before the rest of the world does; she's a die-hard hip hop fan. In the past I've gone to her for new music to listen to, and whatever is new to me is old news to her, so if she reads this blog she's probably going to say to herself, "Wow what a fucking dumb ass how did she not know who Wiz Khalifa is?" All I have to say is, musically I'm stuck in the 90's ok?! (And 80's, 60's, 70's, 50's...) lol.

Wiz's real name should win an award for most original: Cameron Jibril Thomaz...what the hell is that? I don't know, but its dope. He put a mixtape out in 2010 called Kush and Orange Juice; that title alone gives him more bonus points...and really makes me want some OJ. I could tell you more details about his music career but instead you can just look all that up on Wikipedia so I don't have to repeat it on here (lol). I'm just going to highlight all the *Virgo* things about him in my blog since I'm not a music reporter. Wiz has the classic Virgo facial structure and intricate tattoos that are very detail-oriented which I heart. Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to see all of his tatts because my Virgo brain would have a field day looking at all the detailed art work. The lyrics to his songs are also very Virgo-like. To me, he just emits Virgo essence a lot more than other Virgo rappers (not to say that the other's aren't just as Virgo--he just happens to showcase it all physically and lyrically in a way that sets him apart from the rest). One of my most favorite rappers ever, Ludacris, is also a Virgo and was my first *Virgo Rapper Love* even before I knew he was a Virgo.

Then there's the fact that Wiz just so happens to love Amber Rose as much as I do ;) ::sigh:: they are perfect together. I don't know the details about their relationship (obviously...) but from what I do know and have seen via media pictures, Mama Virgo likes very much :) I LOVE Amber Rose!! She has everything the classic Virgo would be attracted to: sick wardrobe, neat and intriguing appearance, visually stimulating in a very original way, beauty and kick ass persona. It doesn't surprise me Wiz would kick it with her and vise-versa. Serious upgrade from when she dated Kanye West. Please Google-image her if you don't know who I'm talking about, your eyes will not be disappointed. Ok enough about my love for them as a couple and my obsession with Amber Rose. I'm very happy and honored that Wiz Khalifa is on Team Virgo. He's just one more amazing Virgo to add to the never-ending list of greatness.

If you're a hip hop fan and want to read one of the most excellent music blogs that would have actual music info and keeps you up to date on the "what's what" in the hip hop world, check out my boy Kevin Casey's website at Kevin Casey Music. He's guaranteed to know what he's talking about but hasn't written a blog about Wiz yet [that I know of]...but I think I'm going to suggest that he does after writing this entry haha.

Stay tuned fellow Virgo's (and non-Virgo's too :-) for next months featured Virgo <3

No comments:

Post a Comment